Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Delay is Over!

I finally got my Christmas purchase done. My Battlefront order should be here early next week and I have everything else on my gaming table. What I ultimately got is a little different from my initial plans. I will go into how when my Battlefront stuff arrives and I can do a group picture. For now I want to go over my immediately Team Yankee plans.

Tracy has returned to the hobby and picked up the new books. We were given the option the join the next campaign our Oklahoma friends were putting together. We both decided to decline as the campaign was starting that week and we wanted some time to get back into the swing of things (and I was still busy for another week moving). Tracy has found a lot interest in both the British and East German armies. However he wants to get some games in before he invests in them. I on the other hand has shelf my incomplete US army to make a West German and Soviet force. With the prospect of actually getting games in I will be investing in Team Yankee a lot more than I thought I was going to do. We have restart doing Team Yankee demos again though this is mostly Tracy. Today at the demo there was discussions to have a Team Yankee game night with a third player. Even being away from the scene for half a year, it seems our previous efforts are beginning to blossom a local Team Yankee scene beyond the two of us. And all this happen a little over the last 2 weeks.

So what does all this mean? For this blog it means more Team Yankee articles are incoming. It means more Team Yankee tutorials and battle reports on Tracy's channel. And it means we may soon have enough players and interests to do our own Team Yankee campaign. This is quite the unexpected turn around for me but I am excited for it. I have a few ideas for campaigns. Now I can feel confident to work on them and know I can put them to use almost immediately. I'm already thinking about what to get next but that is a discussion that should go with the upcoming group picture post. So I will leave things here. I need to start designing a logo for my AoS army anyway. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment