Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Update in Chaos (3-28-16)

Recently the only thing I've been working on is Team Yankee. That was because I was preparing to go to TwisterCon which was this past weekend. It was a 20 hour affair but it was a blast and well worth the effort. I got the chance to meet another community of Team Yankee players. Going forward any events or campaigns I come up for Team Yankee now potential has a much larger pool players who may participate. Exciting times! My Team Yankee force is coming together but there is still a lot of work to be done on it. At the same time I have push aside work that needs to be done on other projects that I want to get back to. So after doing another progress video and an overview of my time at TwisterCon, I'm going to put Team Yankee on the back burner so I can get something done on my other projects. Getting started on the Bretonnian Battalion is number one on my list. Watch for more to come!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Team Wraith Update

I'm jealous of how fast Tracy was able to put together his Soviets. Everything he owns is assemble and primed while I am not a quarter of the way to that with far less models. I suppose this is partly because I have a little OCD in me. Still I am happy to have any progress, with pictures no less! Here is the current look of Team Wraith:

I still have not done any work with the Cobra since my progress video. Everything else has some new elements. Minus magnets, the three Abrams are nearly assemble. And by assembled I mean a completed tank minus the tracks as I will paint the tank and tracks separately. The 66 is done and just needs to be prime. The tracks on it just need some minor touch up and then I can starting painting them. The others I will work on in stages so I don't mixed them up. That basically means when I prime the 66, I will then finish assembling the 11. When I finish painting the 66, I will prime 11 and assemble 12 and so on. I know this is slowing the progress down but I can't help it. The numbering of the tanks is based on the order I started assembling them and the OCD in me doesn't want to mix them up since putting on decals is the very last step. I got new black primer that acts as both primer and paint. This will make painting go much faster since I won't have to do a base coat. I will start on the next three Abrams shortly. Here is a close up picture of my Abrams.

Fortunately I don't have the same OCD issue with my M113s. There is an issue with their dragon mounts. When I deploy a mech platoon, I have the option of removing a M47 Dragon missile team to add a dragon mount on a M113. I have not played enough games to know how often I want to use this choice. I have never made one of my models modular before but I might need to learn how to for these. I probably should leave my M113s in an unfinished state until I decide on how I want to deal with the issue of the dragons. Except for the FIST. I will be working to finish the FIST as soon as I can. Here is a close up of the M113s.

In addition to these models I also have a box of infantry. I tried to prime 6 of them but something went wrong. For some reason the primer didn't stick so I need to redo them. Next time I will hopefully will have pictures of some of the infantry. Until then!

PS. War Journal: Flames of War has return! You can listen to episode 21 here.