Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Returning to Team Yankee

I gave up working on my Team Yankee stuff when Tracy drop it so he can concentrate on a different project. I left off at nearly finishing my first tank. All I needed to do was to shade, add decals and then seal. I encountered a friend last week whom we had convince to get into Team Yankee during our summer demos. He mention that he has some Americans but is having trouble getting the rule book. He also mention another friendly player that has pick up some Team Yankee models. The conversation encourage me to at least finish my current models. Knowing that I still have people to play with renew my interest in the game. So I applied the shade to my almost finish vehicle and this was the result...





Needless to say I didn't get the results I was hoping for. Not entirely sure what I was expecting but this wasn't it. Maybe I was hoping the black would gain a green tinge so it would look very dark green instead of black. What I got was no recognizable change to the black and the grey and blue lines turned green. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. To fix my tank I need to stripe the paint off and start all over. For now I'm going to put it on the shelf and work on other stuff. The only good thing I can say about this is that I really like the look of the black and green. I think I will use this color scheme for my second company when I want to add a second formation to my list. Unfortunately I'm no longer a fan of my stripe design. Think I still want to same colors but I'm thinking of switch to a camo pattern. In any case I'm putting the pause back on my Team Wraith until I can assess where I want to take them from here. In the meantime for Team Yankee I can put together and paint the Gepard box that I have. I have to admit, even with all the problems I keep running into that it is nice to get back into Team Yankee.

No comments:

Post a Comment